Thursday, April 22, 2010

Spanish Translation / Bible Study Prep Tools

I've been spending a lot of time doing Bible Study Prep lately in Spanish.  I am currently involved with two Spanish Bible Studies.   Until the Spanish part comes a lot more easily (when will that be??) - I am finding that one can easily double or triple their prep time as they try to figure out ahead of time what to say and how to say it.  To that end, I wanted to make you aware of a couple of Spanish Language Bible Study Tools and Translation aides that I have found most helpful in preparing in the hopes that they might also be found helpful by some of you.

Here they are:


This is such a handy site because you can easily flip between English>Spanish translations and Spanish>English translations.  It also gives you an immediate translation as you type.  Lastly many times, there is a speaker icon which you can click to hear the words spoken in either language. 


This is quickly becoming my favorite on-line Bible.  It is parallel, so it allows you to choose an English version and a Spanish version to read side by side.  The best part for me is that it displays the verses truly side by side - so that if I get lost in the Spanish version I can more quickly pick up the English side - grab the word that I need and get back to reading the Spanish version.  I find this much harder to do in my Bilingual Bible. 

Please post anything that you've found helpful in the comments!  

Hope this helps!    

DF

No comments: